Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini or shortly SPA from Modena, Italy. SPA is a volleyball club best known for its coaching and educational approach over the country and Europe. It exists from 1985. and supports volleyball for young athletes aged between 3 and 19. SPA has 55 teams and more than 1200 members, among which more than 120 are staff. It has become a technical and managerial benchmark all over the country. It has always focused its attention on values and ethic, upon which sport should be funded. In 2013 a selected group of people, made of athletes, managers and families, worked on Carta Etica Anderlini, a document that describes how athletes, staff and families should behave to be fully aligned with Scuola di Pallavolo values and philosophy. Carta Etica Anderlini has been published in September 2013 and distributed to all Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini stakeholders in more than 2000 copies. Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini Soc. Coop. Sociale SD is a new cooperative, born in October 2016 from a sport club, with the main aim to educate new generations through sport, volleyball in particular. It is one of the first Italian social cooperative based on sport. Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini Soc. Coop. Sociale SD has got previous experiences with EU funds, thanks to one of its partners, ASD Scuola di Pallavolo Franco Anderlini: In 2011 it run for Preparatory Study in Sport, a European project that used to involve Anderlini Network and its associated clubs. In 2014 it run for “Let's the block: the volleyball against the social discrimination”. In 2015 it participated in “Ethics4Sports” project to develop an app to monitor and encourage ethic behaviors in sports, along with Ajuntament de Sant Cugat, Sant Cugat Creix, Erg Iserlohn, University of Leicester, Afc Barwell. The project will end in December 2017. More information about Ethics4Sports www.ethics4sports.eu. SPA has significant experience with young age groups of children through:
- Pallandia - the activity for children from 3 to 5 years old (approx. 50 children participating). Within Pallandia, children play with teachers, read fairy tales and make fantastic trails, alongside with fairy tales' characters. Through playing children are introduced to team sports such as volleyball. The purpose of Pallandia is to encourage the spontaneous expression of the child and to stimulate a motor life full of experiences, trying to integrate physical and mental aspects. These goals are pursued only using game, which takes a fundamental role in the psychomotor education over the first years of life. The game, in fact, is the reality through which the child raise awareness of his/her body and its use, in relation to space, time, rules and tools to play.
- Minivolley – for children 6-9 yrs old (approx. 300 children participating) aims to introduce volleyball, as fun and educational sport, to children. Without competitivness, boys and girls who attend the volleyball courses primarily have fun. In doing so, under the guidance of trainers, they, not only learn the basic techniques of volleyball discipline, but also learn to socialize, to confront each other and respect each other.
- Agonistica – around 600 children participating, 10-19 yrs old children are ready to start playing as a team, separated by gender, taking training sessions during the week and play games and tournament during the weekend
SPA believes that children have to have fun while having sport. This is why it organises a lot of events and tournament during the season:
- Merry Christmas is a day of joy, which takes place on the Sunday before Christmas. Athletes of minivolley play on many courts, under the watchful eyes of parents and friends in the audience. Every year about 200 athletes play this tournament, which traditionally ends with Santa Claus giving presents and sweets to the children. This event takes place at Palanderlini, Modena, for children from 6-9 years old.
- Volley in Maschera, in collaboration with Fipav Modena, is the traditional event to celebrate Carnival, open to all Anderlini Network clubs. All participants, divided into teams, play matches dressed up for Carnival, as the theme may request. Every year about 400 athletes play this tournament, which traditionally ends rewarding the best dressed girls, boy, coach and group. This event takes place at PalaPanini, Modena, for children from 6-9 years old.
- Primvolley in Maschera, in collaboration with Fipav Modena, is very much the same as Volley in Maschera, but it takes place in a smaller venue and it is for younger children (6 to 7 years old).
- Festa Finale del Minivolley is the celebration of the end of the season. Every year in late May, Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini organizes at Pinewood in Serramazzoni the closing party of Minivolley. Over 300 young athletes play on the outdoor courts over the afternoon. On the same day and in the same place, Pallandia celebrates the end of the season, playing outdoor.
- Trofeo Classi V is a tournament for all the children in 5th grade of the Primary Schools where S.di P. Anderlini's staff teaches volleyball during Physical Education classes.
More about the club please find on scuoladipallavolo.it.